It's summer and officially time to get your hands on deliciously plump and sweet cherry tomatoes from your local grocers. Beetroot, also ready for harvest this month, can easily be found packaged whole and boiled in most green grocers refrigerated section.
Simple beetroot, cherry tomato, and feta salad (serves 2)
- 2 whole beetroot, boiled and diced (go for packaged if you can find it)
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 100g tinned black eyed beans, drained and rinsed
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 drizzle of honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Mix together all the salad ingredients, except the feta, in a large bowl. Stir together the vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl and pour over the salad. Sprinkle over the feta. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy!